Monday, January 2, 2017

Communication

Things I have learned from Cece:

1.  A lot of communication is non-verbal.  If I really focus and pay attention, Cece will communicate all her needs to me.
2.  To slooooow down when communicating.  I have to really think and translate in my head when conversing in ASL.  I have improved on the "kid words," or the words that Cece and I use all of the time.  But I am making a concerted effort to sign everything I am saying/thinking, and that makes me really slow down.
3. Cece is on a path to bilingualism, and no "experts" can talk us out of this path.  It makes things slower now, but the long run pay off will be worth it.
4.  Cece doesn't like to be tested and evaluated.  Her scores are below average (not surprising) but show even lower than they truly are.


No comments: