Friday, August 19, 2016

Grandma's Luke Doll

Mom's Quilt Guild has an auction every year to raise money for ... something.  I guess I don't know what.  This year she decided to crochet some of the Star Wars amigurumi dolls.  Her stitches are much tighter than mine, and I like the size that her dolls turned out to be.  I told her to start with Luke, because he has the least color changes and "extra" things so I thought he would be the easiest.  I forgot how hard it is to use black yarn.  Unless you are sitting in full sunlight, it is hard to see the stitches.  And I forgot to tell Mom that counts get off all the time, and since you are crocheting in the round you can just fix it in the next round.  She pulled 1/4 - 1/2 of Luke out multiple times (eek!).  So he kind of took forever, but he turned out great.  Mom ended up making Luke, Leia, and the Ewok for the auction.

No comments: