Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Refrigerator Repair

About a week ago, there was some water on the floor, and I thought a cup got spilled or an ice cube melted.  I cleaned it up and didn't think about it again.

Until the next morning, when a couple of boards kind of tripped me up because the edges had curled up.  And later that day when there was a giant puddle on the floor.

We called a repairman and he came out the next day and determined that the drip pan on the bottom of the fridge was leaking.  A new part was ordered, and he came back today to install it.  It made me nervous to watch him tip the fridge up until it was resting on the cabinets.  I was worried it would fall on his head or pull the cabinets off of the wall.

But it all worked out.

And now there is no more dripping.

Now I just hope the wood floor will dry out enough over time that the edges of the boards will lay back down.  Otherwise we will have to have the floor sanded and stained again.

No comments: