Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Last Piano Lesson

Today marks the end of an era.

I might cry a little just talking about--I did cry a little when it happened.

Today was my last piano lesson for Kinz.  I have taught her since she was in kindergarten, and she is about to graduate from high school.  13 years of awesomeness.

It is also the last lesson of the year for Syreese, and I have taught her since October 2005 (and I even  checked my tax spreadsheets to make sure of the date).  8 years of awesomeness.

These sisters are amazing!  I feel so privileged to have watched them grow up and mature into beautiful young women.

I joke that I "kicked out" my piano kids when I became a mother, but I just haven't been able to let go of Kinz and Syreese.  They are like my other daughters.  

Even though Kinz will be busy as she embarks on her college years, we have firmly committed to going to lunch at least once a month.  I can't go a whole month without seeing them!

No comments: