Monday, November 5, 2012

Green Smoothie

I have been experimenting with green smoothie recipes for months now, and I finally made one this morning that tasted pretty good.  Lynnie liked it, too!
My "recipe" for today: 

Fill blender with spinach and about halfway with water==>puree.
Add some frozen raspberries and peaches from our garden.
2 spoonfuls of greek yogurt.
Handful of black grapes.
Frozen mixed berries.
1 tsp of agave syrup.

Make sure Ellie and Lynlee have run to Ellie's room and shut the door, because they hate the blender.

Blend away.

2 comments:

Stacilyn said...

Are yours coming out truly "green"?
We played around with some over the summer that were more brown than green - even with being mostly spinach and kale. Most everyone got past the color to enjoy the taste. I've been wanting to try them again. Think you could replicate and share the recipes for the ones you've enjoyed?

Beth said...

Sounds yummy! Glad they like it. When I make mine I have to hide it from Kyler who wants to drink the whole thing even though she has her own!