Saturday, November 10, 2012

Ensemble Festival

I am teaching McKinzie and Syreese piano this year.  I have taught Kinz since she was a Kindergartener, and now she is a Senior in high school.  It is interesting on lesson days, but we are getting into the routine.  Either Kinz or Syreese plays with the girls while I teach the other one.  Well, they will play with Ellie and I hold Lynnie on my lap and try to have her not cry.

Anyway, today was Ensemble Festival.  Syreese played with Josh Conklin (Kinz's student) and they did great.  I got to be Kinz's partner, and I am just glad that only she was being judged.  She has been better than me for years, and we picked a good piece that was a challenge for her.

This page was our favorite, with lots of hand crossing and holding fingers up so we weren't in each other's way.
Prairie Fire by David Karp

No comments: