Sunday, October 21, 2012

Writing Her Name

Today was a big day for Ellie because the Pre-Sunbeam class started.  I am lucky and get to be her teacher (as an assignment, not a calling--since you were all worried that I would now have too many callings).  During the Sunday School hour, all of the kids that will be Sunbeams in January (only 16 today, a few were missing) met with me and Susy to do a transition class.  Susy taught a real lesson and kept their attention engaged for about 15 minutes.  We sang songs and played games and colored pictures and ate mini-marshmallows.  Then we took the children back to their regular nurseries in the last hour.

After delivering the Pre-Sunbeams, I went on a hunt for Lynnie.  She was hanging out with Greg in Opening Exercises for Priesthood, so I took her with me to Relief Society (I wanted to hear Shannon teach).  We made it about 20 minutes and then headed back to nursery.

When we got there, Ellie was coloring another picture and proudly showed me that she had written her name.  This is the first time she has done all of it!  (That's a great endorsement for Traci and preschool right there.)

Can you see "Eliana"?

No comments: