Friday, November 25, 2011

Nicest Lady EVER!

For the first time in over a decade, I decided to go shopping on Black Friday.  The last time, I went with Mom, Rachel, Jonette, and Staci, and we were the only sisters-in-law, so that is telling you how long ago it was.

This time, I joined the BCLs and enjoyed the experience of hanging out with my friends.  I did get some nice deals, and I do enjoy a good bargain, but I am not sure it was worth the sleep deprivation.  We started at the 10 p.m. sale at Walmart, then headed to Target at midnight.  We had so much fun waiting in line there, taking about 2 hours to get through it.  We were all so loopy that it was hard to string coherent sentences together.  Then we headed home at 2:30 a.m. (except for Kandice, who headed to Old Navy) and met up again at 8 a.m.  We started at Walgreens and then went to Costco.  I wanted to get an external hard drive, since the one I currently have has only 8 GB of memory left on it, and it makes my dinosaur of a computer even slower to operate.  We got to Costco about 9:45, and all of the hard drives on special were already gone.

I don't normally talk to strangers, but I randomly stopped people who had the drive in their carts to see what time they got there to get it.  One guy said he got there about 9:30.  As we were headed to the registers, I stopped this nice lady because she had one in her cart.

Me:  Hey, what time did you get here this morning to get the external hard drive?
Nicest Lady EVER:  Oh, do you need one?
Me:  Yeah, it was the one thing I wanted to get here, but we got here too late.
NLE:  Well, you can have this one.  My friend picked one up for me, and I got one myself, and I have been debating whether or not to buy them both.  My husband will probably kill me if I come home with two, so really, it is yours!

I could not believe it!  The grin on my face was so huge.  After many exclamations, I headed straight to the register to check out.  On our way back to Target, I was telling Kandice how I wasn't thinking, and I should have taken her picture for my POTD.  Luckily, we ran into the Nicest Lady EVER at Target and she let me take her picture when I said I was a scrapbooker...

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I LOVE that you took her photo, that is something I would totally do! xoxo