Tuesday, September 20, 2011

People Who Have Influenced My Life

Elizabeth
I love Elizabeth!  She started as my visiting teacher and quickly become one of my dearest friends.  When we first met (as Elizabeth pointed out to me later), we were 2 of the 3 childless women in the ward.  Fast forward a few years, and Davis, Ellie, and Lynlee are all bff's.

Elizabeth is generous, kind, compassionate, genuine, spiritually minded, musically talented, incredibly smart, and a gourmet baker and chef who likes to share her creations.  She is a master gardener and an amazing mother and has good taste in literature and television series (go Gilmore Girls!)

She is my confidante and my supporter and often my cheerleader.  She makes me want to be a better person when I am with her.  During basketball season, I am always encouraged by her example to complain a little less about Greg's hours (and enjoy a little more the time I get to spend with Elizabeth).

I do not know how to describe how rich and blessed my life is, simply because I know Elizabeth.  I hope she knows how thankful I am to count her as a friend.

I want to be just like her when I grow up.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I love this and I am sure Elizabeth feels blessed to know you for many of the same reasons. So sweet of you to share.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks, heather. I haven't read blogs for awhile...oops! You are so sweet, and are quite the exaggerator but I love you just the same. Thanks for making my day!