Thursday, September 30, 2010

R.I.P.

Here lies a faithful member of the family, that has worked hard for 11 and a half years.  It has seen us through thick and thin, through good times and bad, through winters and summers.  Rest well, faithful washer.  It has been an excellent run.
I had a repairman come look at the washer to see if it was fixable.  The motor is out, and he quoted me $506 for parts and labor.  I don't even think we paid that much for this washer when we first got it for our Salisbury house in April of 99.  (Do you remember, Jonette?)  Hello, front loader!  We have been shopping in person and online for the past couple of days, and will hopefully be able to make our decision and get something today, so that it can be delivered and installed tomorrow.  I've got loads stacking up!

3 comments:

Mary said...

you can do laundry at my house if you want. :)

Natalie said...

That's good news! $500 for a motor? Wow...
Yay for front loaders!!

Jonette said...

I believe you are correct Heather, the repair would be more than the original price paid. Out with the old and in with the new. Enjoy! I love our front loaders!